- Sightseeing: Sigiriya, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Colombo.
- Accommodation: 1N Sigiriya, 1N Kandy, 2N Nuwara Eliya, 1N Colombo.
- Visit Sri Munneswaram Devasthanam & Manavari Kovil in Chilaw.
- Visit Ancient Buddhist Forest Monastery in Ritigala.
- Visit Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy.
- Enjoy a stroll along the serene Kandy Lake.
- Visit Shri Bhakta Hanuman Temple in Ramboda.
- Visit Ashok Vatika (Seetha Eliya) Sita Amman Temple, Ravana Falls in Nuwara Eliya.
- 5 Breakfast.
- All transfers and sightseeing in Private Vehicle.
- Flights: New Delhi/Mumbai/Pune/Kolkata/Ahmedabad To Colombo.
- Flight: Colombo To New Delhi/Mumbai/Pune/Kolkata/Ahmedabad.
Day 1 - Colombo: Arrival & Transfer To Sigiriya Via Chilaw (178 km/Approx 4.5 Hrs.)
On the first day of your 5N/6D Sri Lanka Ramayana Trails Package, you will be received at Colombo International Airport CMB (Bandaranaike International Airport) from where you will be escorted to Sigiriya via Chilaw.
Arrive in Sri Lanka. You will be met by our representative & transferred to Sigiriya. En route visit Sri Munneswaram Devasthanam & Manavari Kovil, it is believed that Lord Rama rested in the area on his way back to Ayodhya after defeating king Ravana. He was also trying to get rid of the enemies, Ravana’s men who were the Bhramins. There after you continue your journey to Sigiriya. You will Check in to the hotel & relax at the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel in Sigiriya.
Tip: Covering your legs and shoulders while visiting temples in Sri Lanka is necessary. Carry a sarong or a scarf for the same, if needed.
Day 2 - Sigiriya - Kandy: Transfer & Ritigala Sightseeing (91 Km./ Approx. 2.5 Hrs.)
Visit Ritigala & proceed to Kandy as per this 5N/6D Ramayana Trails Package in Sri Lanka.
After breakfast checkout from the hotel in Sigiriya & leave for Ritigala. Ritigala in the Anuradhapura District is associated with the episode in the Ramayana where Hanuman is sent to the Himalayas to fetch medicinal herb to treat the injured Luxhmana. However, the mountain fragment slipped and fell while Hanuman was over Lanka & it broke into pieces.
Later arrive at Kandy where you check-in to your hotel in Kandy. Visit Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic. This temple, the most important one for The Sri Lankan Buddhists was built in the 16th Century A.D. solely for the purpose of housing the tooth relic. Observe the magnificent Architecture of that period and experience the tranquility of the atmosphere. Overnight stay at Kandy hotel.
Day 3 - Kandy - Nuwara Eliya: Transfer & Bhakta Hanuman Temple Sightseeing (77 Km./ Approx. 3 Hrs)
The 3rd day of your 5N/6D Ramayana Trails tour itinerary takes you to Colombo.
A lovely breakfast marks the beginning of your day, followed by a check-out process from hotel in Kandy & leave for Nuwara Eliya. Nuwara Eliya (City of Lights), blessed with salubrious climate, breathtaking views of valleys, meadows, mountains and greenery. Surrounded by hills and tea plantations, the town of Nuwara Eliya enjoys spring-like weather throughout the year. It is also known as “Little England”, which was the favorite hill station of the British who tried to create Nuwara Eliya into a typical English Village.
En-route visit tea plantations, tea factories, Ramboda waterfall & Sri Bhakta Hanuman temple. In the hills of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sita, the Chinmaya Mission of Sri Lanka built the Sri Bhakta Hanuman Temple which is visited by thousands of devotees every year. On arrival check in to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya & overnight stay at hotel.
Day 4 - Nuwara Eliya: Sita Amman Temple, Ella Falls Sightseeing
The penultimate day of your Ramayana Trails Package in Sri Lanka itinerary takes you to Nuwara Eliya Tour (Visit Ramayana Related Sites).
After breakfast proceed for city tour of Nuwara Eliya. The Sita Amman Temple can be seen en route to the Hakgala Botanical Gardens. The prominent temple architecture will not fail to attract your attention. Ancient statues of Rama and Sita can be seen on one side of the temple. The temple today is a modern building with its paintings, statues & pillars decorated with sculptures; all depicting the tale of Rama and Sita. Still revered by thousands, this holy haven was the place where Sita performed her Agni Pariksha (proving her chastity) to her husband Rama.
Continuing the practice for thousands of years, villagers still pledge their fidelity or take oaths there and even in certain courts, this agreement was binding. This place has been respected and worshipped by people down the ages. Seetha Eliya (Ashok Vatika) is a small mountain village near Bandarawela & boasts three locations linked to the Ramayana where local legend claims Ravana was hiding Sita . First there is the Ravana Ella Cave, located at the massive Ella Falls; a breathtaking 1080 feet high waterfall that cascades into several falls.
The rocky undergoes of the waterfall is Khondalite, a kind of limestone which undergoes faster decay as hard gneiss or granite. This has resulted in many caves being formed near the falls. King Ravana is said to have lived in one of the caves above the waterfall. A nearby pool bored out of the rock by the gushing waters is where Sita is said to have bathed Ravana. Then return back to your hotel in Nuwara Eliya for overnight stay.
Day 5 - Nuwara Eliya - Colombo: Transfer (181 Km./ Approx. 5.5 Hrs)
The penultimate day of your 5N/6D Ramayana Trails package itinerary takes you to Colombo.
A lovely breakfast marks the beginning of your day, followed by a check-out process from Nuwara Eliya hotel. Now, you will be taken to Colombo for an intriguing bout of sightseeing. On arrival check in to your hotel & relax.
Spend your evening at leisure. Try your luck at the famous Casinos or indulge in shopping at Odel & Mondy. Overnight stay at Colombo hotel.
Day 6 - Colombo: Departure
Enjoy a hearty breakfast together & checkout from the hotel as your Sri Lanka tour package culminates today. Pack all your belongings and blissful memories that you created each day. Get transferred to Colombo International Airport & board your flight back home. Tour ends with happy memories..
|Sigiriya||Kassapa Lion Rock Resort||Standard||Or Similar Hotels|
|Kandy||Oak Ray City Hotel||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Nuwara Eliya||Oak Ray Hotel – Tea Bush Ramboda||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Colombo||Berjaya Hotel Colombo||Standard||Or Similar Hotels|
- Accommodation 5 Nights.
- Meal: 5 Breakfast.
- Small Car from Colombo – Drop at Colombo (Covering Sigiriya, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Colombo as per Itinerary).
- All taxes, toll and parking charges and driver expenses are included.
- Sigiriya: Stay for 1 night at Kassapa Lion Rock Resort – Standard Room (Breakfast).
- Kandy: Stay for 1 night at Oak Ray City Hotel – Deluxe Room (Breakfast).
- Nuwara Eliya: Stay for 2 nights at Oak Ray Hotel – Tea Bush Ramboda – Standard, Breakfast, Non-Refundable.
- Colombo: Stay for1 night at Berjaya Hotel Colombo – Standard, Breakfast, Non-Refundable.
- Temple of Sacred Tooth Relic (Entrance Fee).
- All Transfers in Private Vehicle.
- Local Sightseeing As Per Itinerary.
- Accommodation on Twin Sharing Basis.
- Government Taxes.
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
- Passport fees, immunization costs, city taxes at the hotel and local departure taxes (wherever applicable).
- Optional enhancements like room or flight upgrades, or local camera or video fees.
- Additional sightseeing, activities and experiences outside of the itinerary.
- Early check-in or late check-out from hotels (unless otherwise specified).
- Breakfast, lunches, dinners and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), unless specified in the itinerary.
- Any international and/or domestic flights, unless explicitly mentioned as an inclusion.
- Excess baggage charges, and where applicable, baggage not included in your fare.
- Read useful information & terms for more on what is included and excluded.
- Any Visa required, unless mentioned as an inclusion.
- Tips for services and experiences.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Entry Tickets, If Any.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable clothes.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- 19 – 16 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If you Cancel your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. The applicable cancellation charges are as per the published cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Charges Per Person
- Prior to 30 days or more: Booking Fee.
- Between 30-20 days ahead of departure: 50 Percent of tour cost.
- Between 20-15 days of departure: 75 Percent of tour cost.
- 15 days to date of departure: 100 Percent.
- In case of no show: 100 Percent.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (for instance, bad weather): We shall first try to offer you alternative dates for the tour if the tour has not already commenced;
If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged from you on a pro-rata basis depending on portion of the tour standing utilized by you
In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited refunding to you the price we charged as the tour fees.
Change Your Holiday Plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by yourself.
If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, PLEASE INFORM THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative IMMEDIATELY who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who at no time are under our control or supervision.
All the booking voucher and tickets will be provided 3 days prior to departure.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The price does not include –
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Check-in and check-out times at hotels would be as per hotel policies. These are generally pre-decided as per ferry operation schedules.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- City museums and monuments remain closed on Mondays while Ross Island remains closed on Wednesdays. If any visit is missed due to closure or maintenance issues, all efforts will be made to cover the sightseeing after returning to Port Blair from Havelock/Neil, time permitting.
- Guests who have pre-booked Scuba or Sea walk shall be provided the activity in Havelock as per time slot availability.
- Snorkelling is a complimentary activity and in case this is missed due to any reason, there would be no refund/compensation for the same.
- It is advisable to seek your doctor’s advice before undertaking activities like Scuba or Sea walk, especially in case of any pre-existing medical issues.
- EWSH reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Foreign Nationals need to clear immigration at Port Blair, where they are issued with a RAP (Restricted Area Permit) free of cost. This permit is to be carried by the foreign national at all times and would be required at the time of check-in at the hotel, during security checks before boarding vessels, landing on every island etc. It is mandatory to carry valid original passport and visa in order to obtain the RAP. Photocopies/scan copies are not accepted.
- In case Makruzz/Coastal Cruise are not operational due to weather, technical or other unavoidable reasons, EWS Holidays shall make the best possible alternate arrangements. However, EWS Holidays will not be liable for any refund claims arising from this.
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the return journey to your origin.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Pricing of the booking is based on the age of the passengers. Please make sure you enter the correct age of passengers at the time of booking. Passengers furnishing incorrect age details may incur penalty at the time of travelling.
- Booking rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the mentioned prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.