- City: (3N) Gangtok, (1N) Lachen, (1N) Lachung.
- Gangtok – Changu or Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir, Chungthang, Lachen – Shingba Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta Valley, Thangu, Gurudongmar Lake, Lachung Monastery, Lachung, Yumthang.
- Visit Lachung Monastery, Rhododendron Forest, Waterfall.
- Explore Directorate of Handicraft &
- Handloom & Flower Show.
- Sightseeing at Yumthang (Zero Point) & The Famous Hot Spring.
- Excursion To Yak Ride at Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir.
- Shopping at M G Road (Mall Road).
- Lovely view the Shingbha Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta Valley & Thangu.
- Enjoy A Fun Cable Car Ride in Gangtok.
- Accommodation with Breakfast.
- Vehicle Type: Mini Car – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flight: Mumbai To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To Mumbai.
Day 1 - Bagdogra - Gangtok: Arrival & Leisure Day (127 kms/ Approx, 5 Hrs)
Welcome to Gangtok on the first day of your North Sikkim Tour Package!
An EWS Holidays representative will attend to you on arrival at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (Junction). From here We will be assisting your transfer to Gangtok, nearly 127 Km. approx. 5 hour drive.
Nestled at a height of 1670 meters (5480 feet), Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim. The beautiful hill station is a land of tranquility, adventure, monasteries, mystic rituals & festivals and natural beauty. The hill station boasts of picturesque views of snow capped peaks with varieties of Rhododendron, Orchids and butterflies. Romantic yet adventurous, it’s a perfect place to start a memorable tour of North Sikkim.
Check into hotel for an Overnight stay at Gangtok. The Evening is free to roam around M G Road (Mall Road) or local Shopping center. Check out the beautiful handicrafts. Be back to the hotel in Gangtok on time. Take ample rest in your hotel room and enjoy the leisure activities of the hotel property.
Day 2 - Gangtok: Changu Lake & Baba Mandir Excursion
In the morning, head out on an excursion to witness the gems of Sikkim.
Start your Morning with a delicious breakfast at hotel. Next is the excursion to Tsomgo Lake (Changu Lake) & Baba Mandir which is nearly 35 Km. The beautiful Tsomgo Lake is an oval shaped glacial lake. 1 km in length & nearly 50 feet in depth, the lake lies at an altitude of 12,400 ft. Though covered in snow for most of the year, Brahminy ducks & many migratory birds call it home. Enjoy the view of birds, rest on the lake banks and snap ample pictures to make the moment memorable. On the banks of the lake lies a sacred Lord Shiva Mandir. The holy site should be visited as well.
Baba Mandir is another sight to visit. The temple is name after an army man; Baba Harbhajan Singh who sacrificed his life for the nation. Hailed as “Hero of Nathula” the Sikh is revered as a deity.
The drive to Nathu La Pass, entry to Republic of China is nearly 20 Km. & is an optional tour. The beauty of the place and the thrill of being almost to another nation tempts you for a ride.
After your day tour, get back to hotel in Gangtok for overnight. The evening is kept free for your leisure. Explore the city at will. There is lots to see, enjoy and cherish.
Notes: In case of landslide or any reasons if Tsomgo Lake or Changu Lake is closed, alternative sightseeing will be provided.
Day 3 - Gangtok: Drive to Lachen (110 Km./ Approx. 6 Hour)
These 6 day North Sikkim tour packages also include a visit to the mesmerizing hill town of Lachen.
Start the next day with early morning breakfast in Gangtok hotel. The drive to Lachen awaits. The 110 kilometers journey makes a 6 hour drive. To ease the long ride for guests, a stop is made at Chungthang (82 kilometers from Gangtok) for lunch. Post lunch the drive continues to Lachen (28 kilometers from Chungthang).
Lachen is a beautiful city of North Sikkim. Though population is handful, the natural beauty is abundant. You will have never witnessed such beauty. The scenic town is nestled in a valley in the midst of towering snow capped peaks. The quaint town is an untouched Shangri-La. The major attractions of the mountain town is Shingba Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta Valley & Thangu. During the drive do not remove your eyes from the window. Enjoy some of the most beautiful views as you make your way on the treacherous mountain roads.
By early evening you will make you way to Lachen. Check into a hotel in Lachen, Welcome Tea and Overnight stay awaits. The evening is free. Take a stroll and visit the Lepcha Village. The pleasant people will open up their homes and their hearts for you. Share some tea and stories. Be back to the hotel on time. Take ample rest as more excitements of your holiday are waiting.
Day 4 - Gangtok: Transfer to Pelling via Ravangla (120 Km./ Approx 5 Hrs.)
On the fourth day of your North Sikkim Tour Packages enjoy the peaceful environment at picturesque Lachung.
Start another day with early morning breakfast in Lachen hotel. Next is the visit to Gurudongmar Lake which is 66 kilometers, from Lachen. The almost 3.5 hours’ drive takes you for an adventure. The views are exciting & as the day is starting, the first rays of sun colors everything in its splendid light.
The Gurudongmar Lake is nestled in a valley at an altitude of 11, 800 feet. The Sarv Dharm Sthan is a place of importance for all religions. Though the lake waters are frozen from December to April, a part of the water remains in liquid form all throughout the year. The pious lake is a heart-warming beauty.
The next activity is a drive back to your hotel for lunch. The ride back offers views which are spectacular. You will be crossing through the cold desert region of Tibet/ China to the beautiful Rhododendron forest of Chopta Valley and Thangu. Enjoy a scrumptious lunch. After lunch drive to Lachung.
Lachung is another major town of North Sikkim. Nearly 50 kilometers, the 2 hours’ drive is awe inspiring. The town is generally considered at gateway to Yumthang but the beauty and charm is amazing. From the windows of your vehicle you see valleys full of mists and forests of Rhododendron blooms. Check into hotel at Lachung and freshen up. Evening you most check out the Lachung Monastery. The fluttering prayer flags, the peace and the pleasant people will make way into your hearts and cherished memories. Return to hotel in Lachung for overnight stay & rest.
Day 5 - Lachung: Sightseeing at Yumthang & Drive to Gangtok (110 Km./ Approx. 6 Hrs.)
Explore the wonders of Lachung as per this romantic North Sikkim tour itinerary!
Morning next day starts with breakfast in hotel in Lachung. Next on schedule is the drive towards Yumthang situated at nearly 11,800 feet. The one hour drive to beautiful Yumthang crosses through the famous hot spring known for its curative properties of skin diseases. Near the river Lachung Chu, Yumthang is a valley surrounded by towering snow covered mountains. The ethereal beauty is grace for all visitors. Feel blessed as you witness the natural spectacle. In spring this valley erupts in riots of colors as Primulae, Rhododendrons and many other Alpine flowers are in full bloom.
After your visit is concluded, return to your Lachung hotel for Lunch. Post lunch you will be driven back to Gangtok. You reach you hotel in the evening. You can spend some time exploring and collecting last minute experiences. Return for your overnight rest in Gangtok hotel.
Day 6 - Gangtok: Departure NJP / Bagdogra (125 Km./ Approx. 5 Hrs.)
Since today is going to be last day of the North Sikkim Tour Package.
Morning After breakfast check-out from the hotel & transfer to NJP/ Bagdogra Airport (IXB) Nearly 125 kilometers 5 hours drive. Guest are advised to start early & not to rush Forwarding Journey. As your North Sikkim tour package ends today, you will have a lot of memories to cherish for rest of your life.
|Gangtok||Hotel Dew Pond||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Lachen||Delight Royal Lachen||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Lachung||Jain Group Lachung Continental||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
- City: (3N) Gangtok, (1N) Lachen, (1N) Lachung.
- Sightseeing: Gangtok – Changu or Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir, Chungthang, Lachen – Shingba Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta Valley, Thangu, Gurudongmar Lake, Lachung Monastery, Lachung, Yumthang.
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Gangtok.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Lachen.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Lachung.
- Vehicle Type: Mini – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flight: Mumbai To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To Mumbai.
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable clothes.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- 19 – 16 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If you Cancel your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. The applicable cancellation charges are as per the published cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Charges Per Person
- Prior to 30 days or more: Booking Fee.
- Between 30-20 days ahead of departure: 50 Percent of tour cost.
- Between 20-15 days of departure: 75 Percent of tour cost.
- 15 days to date of departure: 100 Percent.
- In case of no show: 100 Percent.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (for instance, bad weather): We shall first try to offer you alternative dates for the tour if the tour has not already commenced;
If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged from you on a pro-rata basis depending on portion of the tour standing utilized by you
In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited refunding to you the price we charged as the tour fees.
Change Your Holiday Plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by yourself.
If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, PLEASE INFORM THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative IMMEDIATELY who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who at no time are under our control or supervision.
All the booking voucher and tickets will be provided 3 days prior to departure.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The price does not include –
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Check-in and check-out times at hotels would be as per hotel policies. These are generally pre-decided as per ferry operation schedules.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- City museums and monuments remain closed on Mondays while Ross Island remains closed on Wednesdays. If any visit is missed due to closure or maintenance issues, all efforts will be made to cover the sightseeing after returning to Port Blair from Havelock/Neil, time permitting.
- Guests who have pre-booked Scuba or Sea walk shall be provided the activity in Havelock as per time slot availability.
- Snorkelling is a complementary activity and in case this is missed due to any reason, there would be no refund/compensation for the same.
- It is advisable to seek your doctor’s advice before undertaking activities like Scuba or Sea walk, especially in case of any pre-existing medical issues.
- EWSH reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / rerouting of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Foreign Nationals need to clear immigration at Port Blair, where they are issued with a RAP (Restricted Area Permit) free of cost. This permit is to be carried by the foreign national at all times and would be required at the time of check-in at the hotel, during security checks before boarding vessels, landing on every island etc. It is mandatory to carry valid original passport and visa in order to obtain the RAP. Photocopies/scan copies are not accepted.
- In case Makruzz/Coastal Cruise are not operational due to weather, technical or other unavoidable reasons, EWS Holidays shall make the best possible alternate arrangements. However, EWS Holidays will not be liable for any refund claims arising from this.
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the return journey to your origin.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the mentioned prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.