North Sikkim is a popular region for tourism... Read More
North Sikkim is a popular region for tourism for the nature and adventure lovers. There are plenty of things to explore with North Sikkim Tour Package 5N/6D, including small villages, lifestyle of people at high altitude, rhododendron sanctuary, Indo-China border, etc. A trip to North Sikkim is an opportunity to explore the human life or lifestyle at high altitude regions. People from the small uphill villages live with basic facilities, yet they are ever smiling. Hospitality of local people will surely leave a deep impact in your heart. EWS Holidays will make all the arrangements to make your trip enjoyable, safe and memorable.
EWS Holidays has introduced this North Sikkim tour package for the nature and adventure lovers. A trip through steep uphill roads is worth enjoying and thrilling experience. This trip includes three nights stay at Gangtok, which is the capital city of Sikkim. This small yet beautiful hill town is a must-visit for the honeymooners, nature lovers, etc. North Sikkim Tour Package 5N/6D includes accommodation in two picturesque and serene villages of North Sikkim. These two places are Lachen and Lachung. You can spot nature at its untamed beauty at these places. Far from urban cacophony, a visit to these places will bring refreshments in your mind.
- Places to Be Covered: Gangtok (3N), Lachen (1N) and Lachung (1N).
- Sightseeing in Gangtok: Baba Mandir, Tsomgo Lake, Chungthang, etc.
- Sightseeing in Lanchen: Shingba Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary, Gurudongmar Lake, Chopta Valley, etc.
- Sightseeing in Lachung: Yumthang Valley, Lachung Monastery.
- Accommodation: 5 Nights
- Meal: Breakfast.
- Vehicle Type: Mini Car – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flight: Mumbai To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To Mumbai.
Day 1 - Bagdogra - Gangtok: Arrival & Leisure Day (127 kms/ Approx, 5 Hrs)
Welcome to Gangtok! Your 5 nights/ 6 Days North Sikkim tour starts here!
North Sikkim tour itinerary starts with reaching Bagdogra airport (IXB) via flight. Alternatively, you can reach New Jalpaiguri Junction Railway Station (NJP) via train. Our representative vehicle will pick you up from airport/rail station and transferred to your hotel in Gangtok as per your North Sikkim itinerary. Enjoy a beautiful drive of 135 Km. through picturesque mountain roads to reach Gangtok in 3-4 hours.
Reach Gangtok by evening, and check-in to your hotel room. Enjoy the mesmerizing view of Gangtok from your hotel’s lobby/balcony/window. Rest of the day is free at leisure by own arrangement. Take some rest, and then visit MG Marg market of Gangtok. You can shop various things here, and you shall also get many restaurants on MG Marg.
Gangtok does not have any nightlife to offer. We strongly recommend that you should get back to your hotel before 9 PM. Overnight stay at Gangtok hotel.
Day 2 - Gangtok: Changu Lake & Baba Mandir Excursion
Gear up for Changu Lake & Baba Mandir on 2nd day of your 5N/6D North Sikkim tour package.
Wake up and enjoy delicious Tibetan/English breakfast. Get ready for an excursion to Baba Mandir and Tsomgo Lake. An uphill drive of 40 Km. will be worth enjoyable due to scenic beauty at the surroundings.
The first destination will be Tsomgo Lake, which lies at 12400 ft altitude. In winter, lake water converts into ice. One can spot many migratory birds around the lake. A small Lord Shiva temple is there, where you can attain divine blessings.
From Tsomgo Lake, our car will take you to the famous shrine of Baba Harbhajan Singh, who was a brave soldier. He sacrificed his life in fighting against Chinese troops, and thus he is hailed as the “Hero of Nathu-la”.
From Baba Mandir, another drive of half an hour will take you to Nathu-la Pass. This place is the border between India and China. Meet the Indian troops who live here in difficult condition to protect Indian border. Scenic beauty of this place is beyond any description.
Your excursion for the day ends here, and you shall be dropped at your hotel. You can enjoy leisurely evening with your family or partner.
Day 3 - Gangtok: Drive to Lachen (135 Km./ Approx. 6 Hour)
Enjoy romantic drive to Lachen on your 3rd day of your North Sikkim Tour.
Wake up early in the morning, and have your breakfast. If you are lucky, you can get a glimpse of Kanchenjunga mountain range from your hotel’s balcony or window.
After breakfast, get ready for your journey to Lachen. A drive of 135 Km. through steep mountain roads will take you to Lachen in 5-6 hours. The journey could be tiring, and you would reach Lachen by evening.
Check-in to your hotel, and enjoy hot tea in the evening. You can try delicious Tibetan snacks like momo, thukpa, etc. Go for a small walk outside, if you want. Else, spend good time with family or partner.
Day 4 - Lanchen - Lachung: Gurudongmar Lake & Transfer (179 Km./ Approx 6-7 Hrs.)
Enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of Gurudongmar Lake on 4th day of your North Sikkim tour itinerary.
Have your breakfast early in the morning, and then get ready for the journey to Gurudongmar Lake via car (Time of Journey: 6-7 hours). Enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of Gurudongmar Lake.
Get into the car again, and reach Lachung which is another small village of North Sikkim. Even long journey, enjoy hot and aromatic tea in the evening to get heavenly refreshment. Overnight stay at Lachung.
Day 5 - Lachung: Sightseeing at Yumthang & Drive to Gangtok (110 Km./ Approx. 6 Hrs.)
Enjoy the peaceful envoirment at Yumthang Valley on 5th day of your North Sikkim trip package.
Have your breakfast, and start your journey for Yumthang Valley. In the midway, explore heavenly peace and divinity at Lachung Monastery.
Visit the beautiful Yumthang Valley, and then explore Rhododendron Sanchuary. Enjoy photo clicking session with your family members, kids and partner at Yumthang Valley.
After reaching Gangtok, you will check-in to the hotel. Enjoy your evening at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 6 - Gangtok: Departure NJP / Bagdogra (125 Km./ Approx. 5 Hrs.)
Time to say “goodbye” to Gangtok. Car will take you to Bagdogra Airport or NJP Station. Your North Sikkim package ends here.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast together & checkout from the hotel as your North Sikkim tour package culminates today. Pack all your belongings & blissful memories that you created each day. Get transferred to Bagdogra Airport or NJP Station & board your flight/train to reach home safely. Tour ends with happy memories.
|Gangtok||Hotel Dew Pond||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Lachen||Delight Royal Lachen||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Lachung||Jain Group Lachung Continental||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
- City: (3N) Gangtok, (1N) Lachen, (1N) Lachung.
- Sightseeing: Gangtok – Changu or Tsomgo Lake, Baba Mandir, Chungthang, Lachen – Shingba Rhododendron Wildlife Sanctuary, Chopta Valley, Thangu, Gurudongmar Lake, Lachung Monastery, Lachung, Yumthang.
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Gangtok.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Lachen.
- Accommodation for 1 night in Lachung.
- Vehicle Type: Mini – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flight: Mumbai To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To Mumbai.
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable clothes.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- 19 – 16 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If you Cancel your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. The applicable cancellation charges are as per the published cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Charges Per Person
- Prior to 30 days or more: Booking Fee.
- Between 30-20 days ahead of departure: 50 Percent of tour cost.
- Between 20-15 days of departure: 75 Percent of tour cost.
- 15 days to date of departure: 100 Percent.
- In case of no show: 100 Percent.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (for instance, bad weather): We shall first try to offer you alternative dates for the tour if the tour has not already commenced;
If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged from you on a pro-rata basis depending on portion of the tour standing utilized by you
In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited refunding to you the price we charged as the tour fees.
Change Your Holiday Plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by yourself.
If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, PLEASE INFORM THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative IMMEDIATELY who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who at no time are under our control or supervision.
All the booking voucher and tickets will be provided 3 days prior to departure.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The price does not include –
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Check-in and check-out times at hotels would be as per hotel policies. These are generally pre-decided as per ferry operation schedules.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- City museums and monuments remain closed on Mondays while Ross Island remains closed on Wednesdays. If any visit is missed due to closure or maintenance issues, all efforts will be made to cover the sightseeing after returning to Port Blair from Havelock/Neil, time permitting.
- Guests who have pre-booked Scuba or Sea walk shall be provided the activity in Havelock as per time slot availability.
- Snorkelling is a complementary activity and in case this is missed due to any reason, there would be no refund/compensation for the same.
- It is advisable to seek your doctor’s advice before undertaking activities like Scuba or Sea walk, especially in case of any pre-existing medical issues.
- EWSH reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / rerouting of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Foreign Nationals need to clear immigration at Port Blair, where they are issued with a RAP (Restricted Area Permit) free of cost. This permit is to be carried by the foreign national at all times and would be required at the time of check-in at the hotel, during security checks before boarding vessels, landing on every island etc. It is mandatory to carry valid original passport and visa in order to obtain the RAP. Photocopies/scan copies are not accepted.
- In case Makruzz/Coastal Cruise are not operational due to weather, technical or other unavoidable reasons, EWS Holidays shall make the best possible alternate arrangements. However, EWS Holidays will not be liable for any refund claims arising from this.
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the return journey to your origin.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the mentioned prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.
FAQs For North East India
1. What are the best tourist attractions in the Northeast?
If you choose our Northeast tour packages, you shall find various places are included in those packages. Northeast consists of seven sister states, which are Meghalaya, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram and Tripura. All these states have a lot of beautiful tourist spots to offer.
2. What is the best time to visit to the Northeast of India?
Being located at Himalayan region, most of the states of Northeast experience more or less the same weather conditions. It is always good to avoid monsoon (June to mid-September) in Northeast as hilly road condition becomes risky at this time. The best time to visit northeast is the winter which stays from October to January. Summer (April to mid-June) is also a good time.
3. Is it safe to travel alone in Northeast?
Traveling northeast alone is safe for both men and women, until you follow basic safety rules. You should avoid going outside at night. You must keep your luggage at your close watch. As a traveler, you should respect local religious sentiments and cultural rituals.
4. What language is spoken in Northeast?
In different states of northeast, different languages are spoken. In all the states, Hindi and English are common spoken and understood by people. However, knowledge of Nepali and Bengali will also help the travelers to communicate well with local people of this region.
5. What is the best way to get around in Northeast?
Public transport option in northeast is limited, and public transport is mainly there to help local people. For travelers, private car rental is the best option. You can check northeast tour packages at EWS Holidays to choose your transportation options.