- City: Gangtok, Pelling.
- Vehicle Type: Mini Car – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flights: New Delhi To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To New Delhi.
Day 1 - Bagdogra/NJP - Gangtok (125 kms/5 hours)
Home to hills dolled up in green, valleys dotted with beautiful flowers, manicured tea gardens and captivating hills, Gangtok is certainly a paradise for the Travelers. Spend a perfect holiday in Gangtok with this package which commences upon arrival at the airport. Meet the driver at the airport and embark on 125 kilometres (5 hours) long ride to reach Gangtok.
Upon arrival, check-in at the comfortable hotel room for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 2 - Gangtok - Changu Lake Excursion - Gangtok
In the morning, head out on an excursion to witness the gems of Sikkim. You will be first visiting the Changu or Tsomgo Lake which is barely 35 kilometres from Gangtok. The stunning view of the crystal clear lake amidst the snowy summits is a sight to behold.
Next, visit Baba Mandir after traveling for 18 kilometres cutting and running through the snow-capped mountains. Baba Mandir is a memorial commemorated to the brave Sepoy of Indian Army who lost his life around 30 years back in this region.
Having explored the iconic attractions, you can return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3 - Gangtok Sightseeing
Begin your day in the comfortable room and embark on a sightseeing tour of Gangtok. Visit the famous Rumtek Monastery, one of the largest monastery in Sikkim. Built somewhere in the 12th century, it is known for its architecture that bears a strong resemblance to the original one in Tsurphu, Tibet. Thereafter attend the famous Flower Show, an absolute treat to eyes. Next, make way to Do Drul Chorten, a dome-shaped Buddhist shrine. Built in 1945, Do Drul Chorten is known for its 108 prayer wheels and gold plated tower on the top of the Chorten. Thereafter, visit Institute of Tibetology which features a library and museum with a rare collection of statues, coins, thangkas Tibetan artwork, etc. Head to the Cottage Industry from where you could pick handloom products like bags and some traditional dresses. See the breath-taking Bakthang Falls cascading down into a pool. Further adding to its beauty is the mesmerizing scenic vistas of the mighty Himalayas at the background. You would also visit the Gangtok Ropeway. Take a ropeway ride (own expense) and see the panoramic view of the landscape below. Having explored the famous attractions of Gangtok, head back to the hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 4 - Gangtok - Pelling Via Namchi
In the morning, embark on a drive to Pelling which is approximately a six-hours from Gangtok. To cut the long journey short, enjoy a short stopover at the Char Dham & Samdruptse Hill in Namchi. At the Char Dham, you can see an 87 feet long statue of Lord Shiva surrounded by a replica of the 12 Jyotirlingas (a devotional object representing the god Shiva) and four Dhams (names of four pilgrimage sites in India). Apart from Chardham temple, here you can see Sai Baba Temple, Kirateshwar statue, etc. You would also get an opportunity to visit the Samdruptse Hill to see the 45m-high statue of Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche) tinted with shimmering copper. Keep some time aside to see the fading historical photos of old Sikkim on the base of the statue and prayer room.
Having explored the attractions of Namchi, continue your holiday to Pelling. Upon arrival in Pelling, reach the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5 - Pelling Sightseeing
Today, you have the entire day to explore the wonders of Pelling. Start your trip by visiting the Pemayangtse Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim. Believed to be three hundred years old, the monastery features beautiful sculptures and paintings with an ancient scroll of Padmasambhava’s eight incarnations. Next, proceed to Rabdentse Ruins where you can see a stone throne, which comprises of 3 standing stones, called Namphogang.
After visiting Rabdentse Ruins, head to the Rambi Waterfall and then to Darap Village which is a tiny hamlet of the Limboo community and many other small families like Bhutias, Chettris, Tamangs, Rais, Gurungs and Lepcha. With the background of the beautiful hills, Darpa Village boasts of solitary places, far away from the urban cacophony.
Thereafter, visit Khecheopalri Lake, one of the largest and biggest lakes in Sikkim. Most magical part of the lake is that despite its location amidst the forest, the surface of the lake remains clean. If any leave falls, the birds quickly pick it up. Before heading to the hotel, you will be also visiting Kanchenjunga Fall and Rock Garden.
As the day comes to an end, return to the comfortable hotel for a relaxing overnight stay.
Day 6 - Pelling - Bagdogra/NJP (130 kms/6 hours)
Since today is going to be last day of the Trip, check-out from the hotel and get transferred to Bagdogra Airport to board a flight for onward journey.
|Gangtok||Hotel Dew Pond||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Pelling||Daizzo De Regency||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Gangtok.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Pelling.
- Vehicle Type: Mini Car – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Flight: New Delhi To Bagdogra & Bagdogra To New Delhi.
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable clothes.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- 19 – 16 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If you Cancel your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. The applicable cancellation charges are as per the published cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Charges Per Person
- Prior to 30 days or more: Booking Fee.
- Between 30-20 days ahead of departure: 50 Percent of tour cost.
- Between 20-15 days of departure: 75 Percent of tour cost.
- 15 days to date of departure: 100 Percent.
- In case of no show: 100 Percent.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (for instance, bad weather): We shall first try to offer you alternative dates for the tour if the tour has not already commenced;
If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged from you on a pro-rata basis depending on portion of the tour standing utilized by you
In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited refunding to you the price we charged as the tour fees.
Change Your Holiday Plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by yourself.
If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, PLEASE INFORM THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative IMMEDIATELY who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who at no time are under our control or supervision.
All the booking voucher and tickets will be provided 3 days prior to departure.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The price does not include –
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Check-in and check-out times at hotels would be as per hotel policies. These are generally pre-decided as per ferry operation schedules.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- City museums and monuments remain closed on Mondays while Ross Island remains closed on Wednesdays. If any visit is missed due to closure or maintenance issues, all efforts will be made to cover the sightseeing after returning to Port Blair from Havelock/Neil, time permitting.
- Guests who have pre-booked Scuba or Sea walk shall be provided the activity in Havelock as per time slot availability.
- Snorkelling is a complementary activity and in case this is missed due to any reason, there would be no refund/compensation for the same.
- It is advisable to seek your doctor’s advice before undertaking activities like Scuba or Sea walk, especially in case of any pre-existing medical issues.
- EWSH reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / rerouting of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Foreign Nationals need to clear immigration at Port Blair, where they are issued with a RAP (Restricted Area Permit) free of cost. This permit is to be carried by the foreign national at all times and would be required at the time of check-in at the hotel, during security checks before boarding vessels, landing on every island etc. It is mandatory to carry valid original passport and visa in order to obtain the RAP. Photocopies/scan copies are not accepted.
- In case Makruzz/Coastal Cruise are not operational due to weather, technical or other unavoidable reasons, EWS Holidays shall make the best possible alternate arrangements. However, EWS Holidays will not be liable for any refund claims arising from this.
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the return journey to your origin.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the mentioned prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.