- Breathtaking view of sunrise at Tiger Hill.
- Pay homage to Maitreya Buddha at Ghoom Monastery.
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A memorable cable ride offering great views of Darjeeling.
- Symbol of peace and spirituality – Peace Pagoda.
- Darjeeling: Visit to Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center and Natural History Museum.
- Shop for imported clothes and cosmetics at Pashupati Nagar Market.
- Kalimpong: Visit to Deolo Hill, Forest Museum, Hanuman Mandir, Dr Graham Homes, Durpin Monastery, Mangaldham and Pine View Nurseries.
- City: New Jalpaiguri, Darjeeling, Kalimpong.
- Vehicle Type: Mini Car – Non AC (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a AC vehicle.
Day 1 - Bagdogra / NJP: Arrival & Transfer (93 Km./Approx. 3 Hrs. Drive)
Welcome to north-east India as part of your 3 nights 4 days Darjeeling Kalimpong holidays package.
On reaching New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) (71 km) / Bagdogra Airport (69 km) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (65 km), meet our EWS Holidays representative who assists you while you take a transfer to your first destination, Darjeeling.
Best known for housing Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, UNESCO World Heritage Site, Darjeeling is set at an elevation of 2050 meter. This beautiful hill station allures tourists from all over with its natural beauty and serenity. Darjeeling is one of the most traveled destinations of the India, because of the pleasant weather that prevails through the year.
Check-in to the hotel in Darjeeling and leave for a stroll around the mall or local shopping center in the evening. Come back to the hotel after a delectable dinner for a peaceful night’s sleep..
Day 2 - Darjeeling: Half Day Local Sightseeing
Gear up for a scintillating city tour on 2nd Day of your Darjeeling Kalimpong holiday package.
This early morning, start driving towards the famous Tiger Hill. Overlooking the Kanchenjunga Peak, the hill makes you enjoy a breathtaking sunrise that you will remember for a lifetime (Subject to clear weather).
Located at a distance of 11 km from Darjeeling, Tiger hill is known to offer breathtaking views of the Kanchenjunga Peak during sunrise. While soft breeze caresses your face, you get to view the twin peaks of Kanchenjunga, changing their hues from pink to orange.
On your way back to Darjeeling, visit attractions like Ghoom Monastery, War Memorial & Batasia Loop.
Set at a distance of around 8 km from Darjeeling, Ghoom Monastery is one of the most popular attractions of Darjeeling. The Gompa is considered one of the oldest Gompas in Darjeeling as it was found back in 1875. Also known as Yiga Choeling Gompa, the monastery is known to house a number of bells, ornate thanka scrolls and drums.
Later, visit War Memorial and Batasia Loop. Enjoy ride with Darjeeling Himalayan Railway that takes you through Batasia Loop, set in a loop-like pattern. The war memorial is located near the Batasia Loop and was built to commemorate the brave soldiers who lost their lives during wars after independence.
After sightseeing at these locations, go back to the hotel and munch some healthy breakfast. Take some rest and then leave for your half day city tour covering attractions like Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Ropeway, Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Tea Estate, Natural History Museum (Sunday Closed) & Peace Pagoda.
Awaken the mountaineering spirit in you with a visit to Himalayan Mountaineering Institute. Refresh yourself with a visit to the Tea Estate and pick up some of the best tea for yourself. Have a look at the beautiful peaks of the Himalayas with a cable car ride to Rangit Valley.
Peace Pagoda is a major attraction of Darjeeling which aims to unite people of all races and creeds for world peace. The place offers a spiritual and peaceful ambience to all the visitors. After a delectable dinner, come back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep.
Day 3 - Darjeeling - Kalimpong: Transfer & Sightseeing (51 Km./ Approx 3 Hours)
Enjoy a mesmerizing excursion to Kalimpong on your penultimate day in North East India.
Relish a hearty breakfast in the hotel on your penultimate morning in Darjeeling, and proceed for your transfer to Kalimpong (51 km). .
A popular tourist destination in West Bengal, Kalimpong is a small hill station, known for its tranquility and scenic beauty.
Kalimpong is a great destination for those who wish to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and spend some time in peace. Set at an elevation of 1247 meter, Kalimpong offers spectacular view of the Himalayas and a green ambience to all the visitors. The place is a paradise for nature lovers because of its flower markets and horticulture.
On reaching Kalimpong, check-in to the hotel. Later, leave for a sightseeing tour around Kalimpong and visit its major attractions like Forest Museum (Closed On Thursday), Deolo Hill, Hanuman Mandir, Dr Graham Homes, Durpin Monastery, Mangaldham & Pine View Nurseries (Cactus Only).
One of the major tourist attractions of Kalimpong, Deolo Hill is the highest point of Kalimpong. Deolo Hill is set amid a picture perfect landscape which makes it an ideal picnic spot. There is a beautiful garden with colorful flowers, which adds to the experience of visiting this attraction.
After your sightseeing tour, head back to the hotel in Kalimpong. In the evening, go for walk around the flowers markets of the place and interact with the locals. After a delectable dinner, proceed to your Kalimpong hotel for a good night’s sleep.
Day 4 - Kalimpong to Bagdogra/New Jalpaiguri (77 Km./ Approx. 3 Hours)
No wonder the exhilarating 3 days Darjeeling Kalimpong holiday ends today, but the experience will last long.
Since today is going to be last day of 3 Nights/ 4 Days Darjeeling Kalimpong Holiday package, check-out from the Kalimpong hotel & get transferred to Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (71 km) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (65 km) / Bagdogra Airport (77 km) to board a flight/Train/Bus for onward journey.
|Darjeeling||Delight Norling Retreat||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
|Kalimpong||Anand Portico||Deluxe||Or Similar Hotels|
- Sightseeing: Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop War Memorial, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Padmaja N. Zoological Garden, Tibetan Refugee Centre, Mirik Lake etc.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Darjeeling.
- Accommodation for 1 nights in Kalimpong.
- Vehicle Type: Mini – Non AC Car (Upto 3 passengers).
- All transfers and sightseeing in a Non AC vehicle.
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
Things To Carry
- Comfortable footwear.
- Comfortable clothes.
- It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost.
- 19 – 16 days before date of departure: 100% of total cost
If you Cancel your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our offices. The applicable cancellation charges are as per the published cancellation policy below.
Cancellation Charges Per Person
- Prior to 30 days or more: Booking Fee.
- Between 30-20 days ahead of departure: 50 Percent of tour cost.
- Between 20-15 days of departure: 75 Percent of tour cost.
- 15 days to date of departure: 100 Percent.
- In case of no show: 100 Percent.
If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (for instance, bad weather): We shall first try to offer you alternative dates for the tour if the tour has not already commenced;
If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged from you on a pro-rata basis depending on portion of the tour standing utilized by you
In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited refunding to you the price we charged as the tour fees.
Change Your Holiday Plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost incurred due to amendment will be borne by yourself.
If You Have a Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, PLEASE INFORM THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER, (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative IMMEDIATELY who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who at no time are under our control or supervision.
All the booking voucher and tickets will be provided 3 days prior to departure.
Terms & Conditions
- Per person prices are quoted on twin-share basis (2 persons sharing a room).
- A maximum of 3 adults are allowed in one room.
- The third occupant of the room shall be provided a mattress/rollaway bed.
- The price does not include –
Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
Any meals and services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Check-in and check-out times at hotels would be as per hotel policies. These are generally pre-decided as per ferry operation schedules.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal.
- City museums and monuments remain closed on Mondays while Ross Island remains closed on Wednesdays. If any visit is missed due to closure or maintenance issues, all efforts will be made to cover the sightseeing after returning to Port Blair from Havelock/Neil, time permitting.
- Guests who have pre-booked Scuba or Sea walk shall be provided the activity in Havelock as per time slot availability.
- Snorkelling is a complementary activity and in case this is missed due to any reason, there would be no refund/compensation for the same.
- It is advisable to seek your doctor’s advice before undertaking activities like Scuba or Sea walk, especially in case of any pre-existing medical issues.
- EWSH reserves the right to modify the itinerary at any point, due to reasons including but not limited to: Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / rerouting of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Foreign Nationals need to clear immigration at Port Blair, where they are issued with a RAP (Restricted Area Permit) free of cost. This permit is to be carried by the foreign national at all times and would be required at the time of check-in at the hotel, during security checks before boarding vessels, landing on every island etc. It is mandatory to carry valid original passport and visa in order to obtain the RAP. Photocopies/scan copies are not accepted.
- In case Makruzz/Coastal Cruise are not operational due to weather, technical or other unavoidable reasons, EWS Holidays shall make the best possible alternate arrangements. However, EWS Holidays will not be liable for any refund claims arising from this.
- If your flights involve a combination of different airlines, you may have to collect your luggage on arrival at the connecting hub and register it again while checking in for the return journey to your origin.
- Service Tax shall be applicable over and above the mentioned prices.
- For queries regarding cancellations and refunds, please refer to our Cancellation Policy.
- Disputes, if any, shall be subject to to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New Delhi.